- The user is familiar with the host program, so it does not take long to learn usage of the plug-in.
- Host program is extended to signmaking requirements.
- Experienced users can carry out signmaking jobs faster and more efficiently.
- Cutting plug-ins such as CoCut make the host program into an almost full-range sign program.
- Requires knowledge of the host program.
- Cutting plug-ins cannot be used so universally and powerfully as sign programs (e.g. special requirements for milling, engraving and cutting).
A modern plug-in enhances a host program to a powerful sign program.